Shingler Group Complaints Procedures
Informal complaints procedure
We put the same high standards of care into looking after our customers as we do into building our homes. However, we do appreciate that sometimes things can go wrong and so we take complaints very seriously. Shingler Homes is a Registered Developer with the New Homes Quality Board www.nhqb.org.uk, and comply with the New Homes Quality Code.
Should you have a complaint either before or after your sale has legally completed, we kindly ask you to let us know so that we may have the opportunity to resolve the issue for you and learn from it. This could be that we have failed to do something we should have done, done something badly, or treated you unfairly or discourteously.
Please raise your complaint with Customer Service on 01939 291082 and via email@example.com.
Formal complaints procedure
If we can resolve any issues informally and you are happy with the outcome, then you need not use our formal complaints procedure. If, however, you are not satisfied that the problem has been resolved or handled to your satisfaction, you may wish to make a formal complaint. You can do this by using our robust complaints procedure set out below.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing within 5 calendar days of the complaint initiation date*.
- We will investigate your concerns and send a written response which details our proposed pathway to resolution within 10 calendar days of the complaint initiation date*. This will explain how we plan to resolve the issue, along with the steps and anticipated timescales.
- We will send a full complaint assessment written response by no later than 30 calendar days of the complaint initiation date*. If the complaint has been resolved, this will confirm what steps were taken. If the resolution is still underway, the response will detail what has caused the delay, and the anticipated date for resolution.
- Once the complaint has been resolved, we will send a closure response which confirms what action has been taken.
- In the very unlikely event that the complaint remains unresolved after 56 calendar days of the complaint initiation date*, we will send a further written response to provide information on what has caused the delay, what the next steps are and the anticipated date for resolution. We will also keep you updated no less than every 30 days until the matter is resolved.
We hope we can resolve most matters without the need for further escalation. However, if your complaint is not resolved in accordance with our procedures, or you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, then you may choose to contact the New Homes Ombudsman Service (NHOS) www.nhos.org.uk. It is within the New Homes Ombudsman Service’ discretion to decide when or if to accept a complaint, in accordance with the scheme rules. The NHOS can accept complaints that have arisen within two years of the legal completion date. After this, disputes within the structural warranty period may be referred to the New Home Warranty Provider if relevant.
*The complaints initiation date (CID) is the first working day after a complaint is received. Thus, if a complaint is received on a Monday, the CID is the following Tuesday. If a complaint is received on a Saturday, the CID will the following Monday (excluding public holidays).