Moving can be very stressful that’s why we have put together a moving checklist. When you’ve been living in the same area for a number of years; it’s amazing just how much junk you can accumulate. But you’ve got to be ruthless! Throw out any old papers, cheque books, accounts, receipts, (be sure to shred first!) magazines and other useless rubbish you haven’t looked at for over a year. And be positive! However, there are a few things that should be understood before a move is attempted:
2 months to go
- Organise van hire or a removal firm.
- Purchase your packing and storage supplies.
- Start sorting and clearing your loft and garage. Place all important documents in archive boxes and label clearly. If required, you can put some of these items into storage to make your moving day easier.
1 month to go
- Start packing items that are used infrequently.
- Register with a new doctor, dentist, school etc if you are moving out of the area.
- Confirm all arrangements such as van hire and storage.
- If your moving to a new town, a local map can be handy.
2 weeks to go
- Contact utility and service companies to arrange supply to your new home.
- Inform all relevant people and companies of your change of address.
- Organise your mail to be re-directed for at least three months.
1 week to go
- Confirm with your solicitor that moving date is on schedule.
- Make sure that all your packing is on target.
- Remind friends and family they are helping you next week!
1 day to go
- Set aside all items that you will need on the day such as: Tape measure, Extension lead, Step ladder etc.
- If moving yourself, collect hire van, Rent or buy a sack truck & appliance rollers for moving your heavy items.
- Move all packed boxes into a suitable room downstairs. This will help when loading your goods on moving day.
- Once the funds have been received by Shingler Homes via their solicitors, authorisation to release the keys will be given.
- A member of our sales team will arrange to meet the purchaser of the property to conduct the handover process.
- Final inspection is carried out by the purchaser.
- The keys are handed over.